Friday, October 17, 2008

Rainy Friday

This week has been...eventful. Some things good, some things bad. Before I go into any detail it is important to mention a very important lesson I've learned over the span of the past few days. No matter what you are about to step into in life, try not to hold on too tightly to expectations of what you think today will be like. I spend a lot of time pondering the future and the ramifications of my decisions, but the truth is God is holding my future. Some things come about as surprises and others as disappointments. This in it self is ok, because its "life".

Latest news or crazes that I've found include an aerial silks and trapeze studio. I am officially taking aerial silks lessons once a week. Maybe one day I'll run away and join the circus and put these odd talents of mine to good use. Also, while playing around online I found a new fabulously dangerous version of childhood favorite toy the Skip-it. A company called bearclaw fire arts is selling an item called the burn-it. That is correct- a ball and chain you can light on fire! I could hardly contain my curiosity and excitement. For a second I even considered ordering this amazing piece of merchandise until I had a vision of myself "burn-it-ing" along and getting it wrapped around my ankles, falling, and it's once so fun flames turning into sudden disaster. Which reminds me.....

Right now my thoughts are heavy on food... Athens may not have much to offer when it comes to quality adult nightlife, but there is certainly no shortage of places to get a tasty meal. However, money and time are of the essence when you are a Graduate Student. Its an unfortunate state or perpetual poorness that you know will continue to get worse and worse with each take out order you make, but dammit sometimes you just gotta have Chinese! Sigh... haha I'm trying to think of Chinese like food I can make with the scant and random miscellany of items I have in my pantry and freezer. Most nights when this happens I will pace between the computer and the fridge and ultimately just hop in the car and go get it. After all, who feels like cooking wanna be Chinese food on a Friday night!

No comments: