Friday, January 9, 2009

I Miss Television

Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you abundant life and happiness! In true new year's spirit I decided to make a new year's resolution. I know they can be hoke and often trivial, usually about loosing the extra 5 lbs you put on over Christmas because of gramma's mac and cheese and pie, but I think this can also be a great thing. Making a goal for yourself that is attainable if some effort is put forward can feel rewarding and satisfying. So this year I want to be a better steward of my relationships. I've not always done well when if comes to communicating feelings or maintaining long lasting relationships, and I want to put more effort into making sure that the people I care about know I love them. It is my hope that the relationships in my life that are strained can be healed this year and the relationships that are new will become close friendships. I am blessed to know so many wonderful people and I have a loving family and I appreciate each person God has placed in my life. I hope I can live up to this resolution.

After a wonderful break at home, full of cable television, free meals and time with family and friends I am back in Athens. Moving away, has been hard but has made me realize how great the friends and family I have back home are! So I'm slightly sad to be back so soon, but happy to be moving forward to the end of this degree. It really is amazing the amount of time the average person spends watching TV. To suddenly be thrown back into a house without cable has been a shock to my system. I am constantly left with the question "What should I do now?" I've spent the last three days organizing, cleaning, re-packing and throwing away items I moved here with. This is a great thing in a way because it needed to be done, the only problem is I did it in three days. I have 141 days left until I get to go home for another long break. I'm sure homework will take up some of those nights, but I can't help but feel like I'll be back to twiddling my thumbs in no time. There is no doubt I am looking forward to finishing up this degree and getting back to a job and having an income and....cable.... I'm 1/4 there! haha

Tonight I had the privilege of going to a UGA gym dogs gymnastics meet against WVU. UGA came out on top, there were some impressive flips and stunts, to include the moonwalk on the balance beam. Pretty Sweet! This event was packed out with fans and even included fire works. They hold 4 consecutive national championship titles, and are looking strong for this year. I can see why they are so popular here. The interesting thing is they are more popular than a few sports that usually draw a crowd, including basketball.

With the beginning of the semester underway and statistics, papers, and research around the corner...I think it only appropriate to leave you with this inspiring message:

No comments: